eBikeLabs delivered the first badge of smart e-bikes to participate in the health study which was dedicated to encourage patients to continue effort retraining after their release from rehabilitation and recuperative care facilities with physical activity sessions and therapeutic education using an intelligent electric bicycle powered by eBikeLabs. Objective of the study was to prove the health benefits of electric bikes and to provide a tool for physicians to track, evaluate and measure patients’ state of health, cycling exercising and its progress.
Intelligent e-bike powered by eBikeLabs that provided enhanced and personalized experience for each patient:
- Electric brake system to prevent rider reach high and dangerous speed
- Progressive smooth assistance
- Speed limitation on the downhill
- e-Bike adapted for the comfort of the cyclist
- Mobile application for cyclists helps choose and plan routes, tracks performance, measures health parameters such as blood pressure, heart frequency, pedaling force and gives an overview of ebike state of health and state of charge.
- Web platform for health coaches provides custom settings and rich data collection
eBikeLabs delivered safe and enjoyable e-bikes adapted to the comfort of patients along with the web platform for health coaches which provided custom settings and rich data collection
- Increased physical activity that benefited patients recovery
- Customized settings and rich data collection as an efficient tool for health coaches
“After my surgery to treat breast cancer and long recovery, I was lucky to join the pilot study at the hospital to study how e-bike activities help oncology patients to return to physical activities. I learned again how to practice sports under medical care of doctors and physiotherapists.
Thanks to e-bike practises, my physical status has improved. Before the ride, I was given a brief on how to use the application. And using the application, it was enough to increase the electrical assistance to easily cycle uphill and set up a maximum speed on downhill to not reach high speed. I felt safe and I had a feeling that I was breathing with full lungs!
Today we know that sport helps to fight against risks of cancer recurrence. Now, I’ve included in my life regular outdoor sport practices with an e-bike, indoor cycling, and walking. And the electric bike is the best sport I can practice daily without causing health problems. I am convinced that my physical status is better than the 5 last years before my cancer.” – DELUCA Sophie, participant of the study VELIS.